For every interview, the interviewer/employer is usually the game changer. However, as much as interviews differ from one interviewer to another, they are all geared towards one objective – finding the most suitable candidate who
For every interview, the interviewer/employer is usually the game changer. However, as much as interviews differ from one interviewer to another, they are all geared towards one objective – finding the most suitable candidate who has what it takes to fit in a particular position. Suffice it to say, if the right questions are not posed by the interviewer/employer, it is almost impossible for the best candidate to be revealed.
A video interview is just the same as an in-person interview – only difference is that here you are connecting in person via a digital channel. Far from written tests that basically reveals the great-on-paper candidate; video interviews go to show how your candidates are able to think on their feet.
The kind of questions asked by employers in a video interview should be questions that goes all round to reveal the most important details about the interviewee – questions that run from professional work experience to competence, industry knowledge, educational achievements, professional extra curricular activities etc. Often times, employers put much emphasis on experience alone and this could only be damnable.
Well, here are a few questions you should be sure to ask as an interviewer/employer
- What can you tell us about yourself?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Tell me about an experience when you overcame a challenge?
- Can you list your strengths?
- Why do you think we should consider you the best candidate for hire?
- Why do you want to work with our company?
- What are the things that motivates you?
- What do you think is the one skill that sets you unmatched for this position?
- Why are you pursuing this job? (leaving your current position)
- Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- What do you think makes a good team player?
- Do you consider yourself a good team player and why?
- What is the current professional achievement that you are most proud of?
- How do you evaluate success?
Now based on the response of your candidates, you can be able to ascertain the competence level of each candidate and possibly get the best for the position! For more skilled positions you would want to ask those questions that pertain to the position at hand. For example certain lingo or definitions might be needed. Or if it’s a technical position you might need them to describe a process to let you know they are familiar with the type of work and field.
Video Interviewing on UJober
If you find yourself looking to fill your current job opening the best place to do it is UJober. With UJober you can guarantee you hire the best possible candidate by using the built in video interviewing feature. If you need more candidates you can easily sponsor your job post too. Video interviewing your potential job candidates is simple and very affordable. You can ask as many questions as you like and can view the replies on your time schedule. Using UJober to fill your next job opening is not only saving you time it is also saving you money. Post your next opening on UJober and find your next superstar today.